Tuesday 26 April 2016

Bel Sherbet


I have never been a fan of experimenting with beverages hot or cold. In Summers I love my ready made sherbets and find comfort in adding them to my glass of water. The maximum I go is making a glass of lemonade. So you get the picture, it has never been beyond all that. No wonder I have almost no recipes under that section in my blog.
But this year, something happened and I do not know what but I am suddenly super interested in Summer coolers. I have been making a new one every day and am so enjoying it that I decided to do an Instagram series on the same. You may check by clicking on this link .
Frankly speaking, I have never liked the Bel sherbet much. I remember my Chachaji who I have always fondly called 'Uncleji' used to bring this fruit every Summers and make the sherbet at home. I must have tasted it but never liked it. As we grow old, a lot of things change. Our perspectives, our ideas, our tastes, they all keep evolving and so perhaps I had the desire to experiment with it. Both Vishal and me enjoyed the prominent woody flavor of the sherbet. While Vishal hates any salt in his juices/sherbet, I enjoyed mine with a sprinkle of rock salt.

Ingredients :
  • 1 Bel/bael/wood apple
  • 1 cup water or more
  • 1-2 tbsp sugar (adjust according to the sweetness of the fruit)
  • rock salt, optional

Procedure :
Crack open the hard shell of the bel fruit.
Scoop out the inside with a spoon and take it out in a bowl.
Put some water in it and let it sit or 5-10 minutes.
Squeeze the pulp with your hands or a spoon.
Strain the mixture.
Add sugar and adjust water, adding more if required.
Add rock salt and stir well.
Chill it before serving.

Happy Bel sherbet relishing
Amrita

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Its a must for the scorching Summers.

      Delete
  2. Thats awesome, my mom makes it same way... I will try it with rock salt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you for dropping by. I hope you enjoy your summer cooler 😊

      Delete
    2. Hey, thank you for dropping by. I hope you enjoy your summer cooler 😊

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...