Thursday 23 October 2014

Eggless Choco lava cupcakes


I have been wanting to try my hands on the eggless version of a cake/cupcake for the longest time but being an egg eater I have never gathered enough courage or reason to try one. I mean after all a cake is meant to have eggs. How can any substitute work as good as eggs. Therefore I have been procrastinating the entire idea again and again.
With my recent jump in baking professionally, I realized the need to experiment with eggless baking.
I personally am not fond of the eggless milkmaid cakes so I jumped upon this eggless chocolate cake recipe which uses vinegar and baking soda to react and make the cake rise. 
With Diwali as an occasion where people like to indulge in eggless bakes, I realized the perfect opportunity and the required push. I decided to go chocolate all the way and made the easy batter which went into the cute mini cupcakes and got baked. All through I had my fingers crossed and had several questions in the head. When I finally saw them rise and baked, I was happy and surprised to see the softness of it. It tasted more clumpy to me as I am not used to eggless cakes but once I filled them with some runny chocolate ganache and dressed them with some whipped chocolate cream, they looked adorable and tasted yum. 
These mini cupcakes were placed on little diyas to match the festivity.
With my Sweet day falling tomorrow, I add this recipe to the list celebrating another month of the endless joy that our daughter brings into our lives. 


Ingredients : Yields 6-7 mini cupcakes
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup sugar, powdered
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 3 tbsp melted butter
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1/2 tbsp vinegar
  • 1/2 cup boiling water
Chocolate Ganache : 
  • 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
  • 2-3 tbsp cream (I used Amul)
Procedure : 
Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius
In a bowl, mix all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. 
Make a well in the center and add melted butter, vanilla essence, vinegar. Mix well.
Add boiling water little by little and keep mixing till you get a cake batter like consistency. You might not need the entire quantity of water.
Pour the batter till 3/4 into the cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
Allow to cool.
With the help of a knife make holes in the cupcake and fill them with chocolate ganache which can be made by melting chocolate on a double boiler and adding cream to it and mixing it well. 


Decorate with some chocolate whipped cream and chocolate rice. 


Wishing all our readers a very Happy and joyous Diwali. May the festival of light bring you luck, prosperity and happiness.


Happy Diwali
Amrita

4 comments:

  1. delicious and sooper cute...well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picures look so festive Amrita. Your sweet days have spread sweetness to our world too. Love the way Vannya is growing ......so cute and so sweet! In fact I wait for your sweet posts every month. Hope you all had a wonderful Diwali! May you have many more reasons to celebrate more sweet days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Namita. Your encouraging words keep me going and dwelling more into the world of sweets :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...