Saturday 4 March 2017

Sweet and sour Vegetables-Vaanya's favourite


They say you can never understand the heart of a mother till you become one. Truly so, your world just flips over the moment you become a mother and it automatically starts revolving around the little one. Your likes, your dislikes, your things...everything takes a second seat and your child takes the center stage of your life. 
I have been thoroughly enjoying all the phases and stages of bringing up Vaanya. Most of the times, I realize I am doing things wrong and in the pursuit to mend things I learn it all over again. Life is a constant channel of learning new things, new skills, new emotions every single day. Life would have been such a drab if we think and believe that we know it all. 
Parenthood is not really a subject that you learn in college. It is an ongoing study of finding the best possible way of imparting knowledge, skills and emotions. The best way is to be an example to your children. I realized that I was doing so many things wrong till I wanted Vaanya to do them right and in that whole process I had to re-learn so many things.
One of the most common issue with parents is their child's eating issue. I have gone through different phases of this anxiety where Vaanya's not eating would freak me out to no end. With time I have understood that its okay for her to not eat or drink properly on certain days. As long as your child is healthy, it is silly to get anxious with little things. 
Every child has favourites in food and I feel very satisfied to see Vaanya enjoy her vegetables thoroughly. The sweet and sour vegetables was a very lame attempt from my side to try and make her eat all her favourite vegetables. It is the most easiest and simple recipe and one that I have made over and over again. Whenever I make it for Vaanya, I am assured that she will finish her food in no time and relish all the healthy vegetables in it.



Ingredients : For 2 servings
  • 1 carrot
  • handful of french beans
  • 4-5 mushrooms
  • 4-5 babycorn
  • handful sweet corn
  • few florets of broccoli
  • 5-6 cloves of garlic
  • half of an onion
  • 1 tomato
  • 2-3 tbsp Tomato ketchup
  • 2 tsp cornflour
  • salt to taste
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • Red chilli powder, optional
Procedure :
Peel and trim the vegetables as required
Cut them in bite size and keep aside.
Chop garlic finely.
Tear onion in rough pieces.
Chop tomato and keep aside.
Take 1 tbsp of refined oil in a pan and add garlic to it. Add carrot and french beans. Let them cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add broccoli and baby corn. Cook for 2 minutes and then put the mushroom, sweetcorn, onion and tomatoes. Add salt, sugar and tomato ketchup.
Cook for a minute and then add 2-3 cups of water.
Turn the flame to high and let the mixture come to a boil.
Dissolve cornflour in little water and add to the boiling mixture in a stream. Keep stirring till the mixture thickens. 
Check for consistency and adjust to your liking.
Serve with boiled rice.

Note : 
  • You may add or subtract vegetables to your liking
  • Add cooked chicken or fish pieces to it for a non veg version. 



Happy Parenthood
Amrita

5 comments:

  1. A tasty way to get all those veggies in your child's tummy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true R and with this very simple recipe, I love to make it for her very often.

      Delete
  2. Hello Amrita, Came to your blog after a long time. Bogged down with too many issues on the personal front and hence the lassitude in the blogging front. As always, loved to read your feelings and love for your little one. I expected a picture of Vaanya enjoying her sweet and sour as you always post one. But yes I get to see her in fb. Love and best wishes! P.S. I am going to make sweet sour at home soon and will follow your recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Namita. I have myself been so occupied with other things that blogging has taken a backseat. As always it is so lovely to see your comment. Thank you for liking this super simple recipe. ☺

      Delete
  3. Hey, that’s really a good post on pets for sale in Delhi, i really like your blog as the information is very useful if you are a pet lover. Well, there is one more site for the same service www.helpadya.com you should check it for more detail.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...